A garden can really make all the difference to your home, it can add value, be a selling point and most importantly make your home look amazing. However, many people simply don’t know what to do and how to re-design there old simply grassy garden into something magical. We advise people not to worry because we’re going to provide you with tips on how to recreate your garden into something you would love!
Low Budget Ideas:
Note: Before starting looking for things on your low budget, it is essential to know exactly what your budget is. Whether it is £100, or if its slightly more or less, this will give you a kicking start.
- When you re-design your garden, you don’t need to redo the whole garden. By simply decorating an area and solely putting your time into that it can work wonders. For example, you could just focus on the flower bed…or one you don’t have. By simply adding more plants and flowers into your garden it will make a huge difference.
- Is your garden a bit dull at night? Well why not add some spot lights or fairy lights to brighten it up. This is a simple and cheap way to see your garden at night time and give it that last finishing touch.
- If you have a tree stump in your garden, we advise people to make use of it. Some people re-create the stump into a table and ever use it as a base to put plants on.
- Add a bird feeder or bird bath, this is simple and cheap and you will have the privilege of having birds visiting your garden. Perfect for bird lovers!
- Mirrors are a perfect, modern way of adding something extra to your garden, not to mention it makes it look remarkably bigger.
- Divide your garden. Make sure that your garden isn’t just one big area, divide it into smaller parts. For example, one area cam be dedicated to your patio, table and chairs, another area be solely for flowers and the other just a grassy area. A creative way to separate areas is by adding pebbles and stepping stones in.
Higher Budget Ideas:
Note: Many people who choose to spend more on their garden hire a garden designer to help them reach its maximum potential.
- Add natural stone in your garden, this can be added in by a variety of things, such as on your patio, walls or even coping stones. To find out more information visit, londonstone.co.uk/stone-paving/sandstone-paving/.
- Have you got garden furniture? Wanting to get rid of the old and bring in the new? Then we advise you spend some of your costs on getting your furniture, which (1) suits your garden and (2) meets all your requirements.
- Why not consider installing a pool, there are many benefits of having a pool in your garden and one of them is that it increases the value of your home.