Because shrink wrapping is one of the most popular types of packaging, we thought that it would be a great idea to write a blog to give you a little more information about it. One of the things which you need to know is what the film is made out of, there are four different types of plastics which is used and these are: polyolefin, polyethylene, PVC and polypropylene.
What Are the Benefits?
- Shrink wrapping is so beneficial due to the fact you can avoid breakage, this is because during transit the products often slide about, however with this film prevents them from sliding.
- Shrink wrapping increases sales due to the product being of a better quality, as the product won’t be worn or torn, nor will it be broken.
- Shrink wrapping means that the product will not get contaminated, because it can protect the product from dirt and moisture.
- You’re able to sell products as a bundle, great for bottled water and tins.
- Cost-effective method.
- Products are preserved, during transit, storing and shelf-life.
As you can clearly see there are many benefits of using shrink wrapping, so who uses it and how? Shrink wrapping is often used by big companies, food industries and in warehouses. People use to shrink wrap by hand however, with the latest shrink wrapping machinery they have decided against it and turned to shrink wrapping machines. Why is this?
Reasons stated below:
- Shrink wrapping machines can wrap more products in a shorter time frame.
- The machines require little training on how to work them, whereas shrink wrapping by hand required training, which means that employees can spend more time doing their work.
- Often shrink wrapping by hand caused injuries and dizziness, therefore the machines stop this which also means employees aren’t off sick.
- The film is shrink wrapped to a better quality.
Now you know a little more about the benefits and the reasons why people decide to shrink wrap with machines over hand, it can be useful to know some top tips about purchasing.
- Firstly, there are plenty of different types of shrink wrapping machines and equipment, so what we advise you do is research about them to ensure you get something which suits your needs.
- Make sure your research about shrink wrapping in general to understand fully what it does and why people use it.
- Finally, research and talk to people on what company they advise you buy from, it is important to pick a well-respected company. To find out further information, visit: sontex.co.uk/pallet-wrappers/.