When it comes to cars many people forget the basic things of maintain a car, if this is you then there is no need to worry. This is because we’re going to write a guide on how to maintain your car, keep it clean and make sure that it is working order.
- Don’t neglect your vehicle, wash it. I’m not saying you should wash it all the time, but once every two-weeks should be fine. Washing your car is cheap, and doesn’t just make it look good, but also can help people see your lights if there is dirt and mud covering it. Remember to wash, rinse repeat…and don’t forget to wax.
- Make sure you prepare for the seasons, for example if it’s coming up to winter and you know snow is on its way then changing your tires to something weather appropriate can help a huge amount, and guarantee safety.
- If any of the lights come on make sure you get them checked out, especially the check engine light. It is important to do this because it could lead to something dangerous from happening – don’t risk it.
- When driving you shouldn’t drive fast and slam on the brakes, this can seriously harm to car and lead to future problems. Drive carefully, safe and nice and you should be fine.
- Make sure that you fill up all the fluids in your car, one of these is your oil. You can do this by taking the stick out, wiping it putting it back in, taking it out, check where the oil is and if it needs filling up, do so. But remember to use the right oil for your car, you can normally find this in the manual book.
- Make sure you know what is under your bonnet, get to know it. Know what everything is and what it is used for and why. Some people totally forget about car hoses, yet they’re important, to find out more visit, thehosemaster.co.uk/hose-ducting/air-water-hose.
- Read you manual, you don’t have to read word by word, but know the basics and know what your car needs and when, this can help a huge amount in emergency situations.
- Don’t be scared to ask experts, if you don’t then you might end up missing out on something which could cost you a lot to repair.
Now you know a bit more about how to maintain your car and what you need to do, it should be a lot easier, and most of these things require no money or little money – so it is really not hard to maintain, it just takes time, but valuable time.
Make sure you check the tire pressure and find out what is the required pressure in the manual book.